Thanksgiving dinner is a favorite with turkey, buttery mashed potatoes, and of course stuffing gracing the table but I have to admit, I love our Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes too!
The Best Veggies for Thanksgiving Dinner
We love fall favorites like sweet potatoes, green beans, and squash but corn always makes an appearance too! The great thing about most of these Thanksgiving side dish recipes is that they are easy to make and many can be made up to 2 days ahead of time! Let’s dive right and in get started.
Table of Contents
- All Time Favorite Thanksgiving Vegetable Sides
- Roasted Vegetable Sides for Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Green Beans
- Brussels Sprouts for Thanksgiving
- Sweet Potato Recipes for Thanksgiving
- Carrots for Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Salads
- More Thanksgiving Recipes You’ll Need
All Time Favorite Thanksgiving Vegetable Sides
This seems like the perfect place to start!
- Green Bean Casserole (pictured above). Tender crisp green beans in a creamy mushroom sauce with crispy fried onions (and only 5 minutes of prep).
- Sweet Potato Casserole is the perfect Thanksgiving vegetable side. A creamy mashed sweet potato base is crowned with pecans and toasty marshmallows.
- Corn Casserole is a fast 5-ingredient favorite and we add extra corn (and some cheddar too)!
- Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts because everything is better with bacon! Tender, crisp, and packed with flavor, this is an easy sheet pan side.
- Creamed Peas just like grandma used to make. This is a simple side dish that just tastes like old-fashioned comfort.
Roasted Vegetable Sides for Thanksgiving
- Oven Roasted Fall Veggies (pictured above) combines our favorite root veggies with brussels sprouts and cranberries for a fresh fall dish.
- Honey Butter Roasted Acorn Squash (pictured above) is warm, sweet, and cozy. Best of all, it’s easy to make.
- Easy Oven Roasted Carrots are a great thanksgiving side since they need just minutes of prep! We season simply with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roasted Delicata Squash has all of the flavor of winter squash but it’s easy to cut and prepare (and needs no peeling). Gently seasoned with sage, this is a fall favorite.
- Roasted Butternut Squash is packed with flavor, fluffy and soft on the inside, and golden on the outside. Save time and check your store for chopped butternut.
Thanksgiving Green Beans
When we think of Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes, green beans always come to mind. In addition to a classic green bean casserole, these are our favorites!
- Bacon Green Bean Casserole are the ultimate Thanksgiving green beans. This casserole is made from scratch and it’s both decadent and delicious. Green beans, bacon, and mushrooms are tossed in a creamy homemade sauce and baked until bubbly.
- Roasted Green Beans are simple and fresh making them the perfect tender-crisp thanksgiving vegetable side dish! They can also be roasted in the air fryer.
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans as yummy as they are pretty. These little bundles can be made 2 days ahead of time keeping prep easy on turkey day!
- Old Fashioned Bean Salad is my mother-in-law’s recipe and it’s delicous. Made with 3 kinds of beans and an zesty dressing, this salad is best made several days ahead of time.
- Green Beans with Bacon is an easy three ingredient recipe. This side is made on the stovetop; perfect for when your oven is full of Thanksgiving turkey!
Brussels Sprouts for Thanksgiving
Sweet Potato Recipes for Thanksgiving
In addition to a perfect sweet potato casserole, these are the others that top our list!
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a beautifully simple way to pair Thanksgiving sweet potatoes. Buttery and packed warm spices, they’re hard to resist.
- Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes tender inside and crisp outside, these sweet potatoes are oven roasted with butter, brown sugar, and warm spices.
- Candied Yams are a southern classic for good reason. A buttery brown sugar glaze makes these hard to resist.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes cubed sweet potatoes are roasted with olive oil and a few simple seasonings.
- Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole is one of my all time favorite casseroles. Tender sweet potatoes pair perfectly with apples and warm spices.
Carrots for Thanksgiving
- Easy Oven Roasted Carrots for thanksgiving are a classic. They are easy to make and need just minutes of prep (which can be done up to 4 days ahead of time)! Simple toss, season, and roast.
- Buttery Glazed Carrots are a sweet and fast stovetop side, perfect when the oven is full of turkey!
- Brown Sugar Carrots are a childhood classic for good reason! The perfect mix of sweet, savory, and salty.
- Buttered Dill Peas and Carrots green peas and sweet carrots add a pop of freshness to a decadent Thanksgiving dinner with just a hint of dill.
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots are delicious and festive, rainbow carrots are a beautiful addition to any meal. You can also cook these in the air fryer.
More Thanksgiving Recipes You’ll Need
Source by www.spendwithpennies.com