If you love warm Chai spices and soft chewy sugar cookies, this Taylor Swift Chai Cookie recipe is for you! Made popular by T Swift herself, these cookies are everything you’re looking for in a fall treat. Get your sweaters on and turn up that Taylor Swift music, you’re about to make your new favorite cookie!
It’s no secret I love fall flavors. I just love warm spices that tingle on your tongue and remind you of your favorite cozy memories. We all think of pumpkin desserts when we think of fall, but apple desserts are another classic! If you love apples or have a few sitting on the counter that need some love, you’ve got to try this Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake, this warm and mouthwatering Old Fashioned Apple Cobbler, or these super yummy Dutch Caramel Apple Pie Bars!
What are Taylor Swift Chai Cookies?
We have to go back to 2009 when Taylor Swift took over the internet with her Chai sugar cookie recipe. Everyone just HAD to try it, and they really lived up to all the excitement. They are more than just a sugar cookie. Taylor Swift’s Chai cookies are full of fall flavors and actually have Chai tea in them, which is where they get their name. We used Chai concentrate and leaves to really get the flavor to pop. I have to give it to Tay Tay, she makes a great cookie!
The original cookie has eggnog frosting, and in this recipe I decided to give you the option to make it without. I have a tip box you can see below that shows you how to include the eggnog if you want it! It really does take the fall flavors to the next level. I have always loved the Swig sugar cookie with all my heart, but I think this recipe just might turn me into a Swiftie cookie fan too! I already love her music of course.
Ingredients in Taylor Swift Chai Cookies
You will absolutely love the ingredients in this cookie. It has real Chai tea leaves and Chai concentrate to make this cookie the perfect companion to a cup of tea! Too much? I don’t think so! You’ll already be buying a Chai tea packet, so you might as well brew a cup to enjoy them with!
- Butter: I used unsalted butter. If all you have is salted then leave out the additional salt in this recipe.
- Vegetable oil: Vegetable oil doesn’t have very much flavor so it’s perfect for cookies. You can use your favorite oil.
- Granulated Sugar: Regular pantry sugar is great.
- Powdered Sugar: There is powdered sugar in this cookie which helps absorb some of the extra moisture that the oil gives this cookie.
- Chai Tea Concentrate: You should be able to find this ingredients in the tea aisle at your favorite grocery store. You want to make sure to include this ingredient so you can really taste the chai spices!
- Egg: I always use large grade A eggs.
- Vanilla Extract: Whatever you use for baking will be perfect.
- Chai Tea Leaves: You can buy any bagged Chai tea box from the tea aisle at the grocery store. You will open the bag to get the leaves out. They should already be really small and ready to put into your cookies.
- Allspice: This brings out the warm flavors in the Chai. It tastes like a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- All-Purpose Flour: Whatever flour you have on hand will work.
- Baking Soda: This helps the cookies rise.
- Salt: Salt makes all of the other flavors stronger and helps balance out the sweetness.
- Powdered Sugar: Powdered sugar is great for frosting because it gets really smooth and soft.
- Nutmeg: The perfect warm fall flavor to compliment the Chai in the cookie.
- Vanilla: Vanilla flavor helps the frosting to taste deeper and more than just sweetness.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: The fat in heavy whipping cream makes this frosting irresistible and so creamy!
Taylor Swift Chai Cookies Recipe
If you have made a cookie before, you can make these Taylor Swift Chai cookies! They are so easy to make and perfect for a chilly day. They come together so quickly and the added spices will totally blow you away.
- Whip Butter: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, whip your butter until it is light and fluffed.
- Add Oil: Add the oil and beat on medium speed until it’s mostly incorporated, the oil will not completely mix with the butter.
- Add Ingredients: Add sugar, powdered sugar, chai tea concentrate, egg, and vanilla. Mix again until all are incorporated.
- Add Spices: Add the chai tea leaves and allspice, mix in.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Lastly add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until it’s all combined. Your batter will be soft.
- Scoop Cookies: Scoop cookie dough out at about 2 tablespoons size, round into balls and roll in sugar.
- Chill: Place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for an hour.
- Bake and Cool: Preheat oven to 350℉ and bake cookies for 8-12 minutes. After removing from the oven allow cookies to sit on the hot pan for at least 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Whip: Whip all the ingredients together with a hand mixer, until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Frost: Once the cookies have cooled completely, dollop a spoon of frosting on top of the cookies and spread lightly with the back of the spoon.
Make Eggnog Frosting
The original Taylor Swift Chai cookies recipe has eggnog in the frosting. You can take the frosting recipe that I shared, and make a simple change to add eggnog!
- Make Eggnog Icing: It’s a simple substitution! Just substitute all of the heavy whipping cream for egg nog. It’s so creamy, soft, and absolutely delicious! You can make the regular frosting or try this eggnog version. Both are absolutely delicious and perfect on top of this fall flavored cookies.
These cookies are so scrumptious and make fantastic leftovers because they can last about 5 days and taste great the whole time! If you store them correctly they will stay soft and creamy.
- On the Counter: Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container on your counter. They will last up to 5 days!
Other Spiced Fall Treats
Fall is my favorite time of year because warm spiced desserts are so delicious. I look forward to them all year. There’s nothing quite like putting on a warm sweater, grabbing a cup of tea and enjoying a cinnamon roll, or spiced cookie! If you are looking for some other fun fall desserts, you’ll want to check out these recipes!
In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, whip your butter until it is light and fluffed.
Add the oil and beat until it’s mostly incorporated, the oil will not completely mix with the butter.
Add sugar, powdered sugar, chai tea concentrate, egg, and vanilla. Mix again until all are incorporated.
Add the chai tea leaves and allspice, mix in.
Lastly add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until it’s all combined. Your dough will be soft.
Scoop dough out at about 2 tablespoons size, round into balls and roll in sugar.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for an hour.
Preheat oven to 350℉ and bake cookies for 8-12 minutes. After removing from the oven allow cookies to sit on the hot panfor at least 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.
Whip all the ingredients together with a hand mixer, until all ingredients are well incorporated.
Once the cookies have cooled completely, dollop a spoon of frosting on each cookie and spread lightly with the back of the spoon.
Calories212kcal (11%)Carbohydrates34g (11%)Protein2g (4%)Fat7g (11%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.4gMonounsaturated Fat2gTrans Fat0.2gCholesterol28mg (9%)Sodium141mg (6%)Potassium29mg (1%)Fiber0.5g (2%)Sugar22g (24%)Vitamin A245IU (5%)Vitamin C0.04mgCalcium9mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Keyword Taylor Swift Chai Tea Cookies
Source by therecipecritic.com